How Giftsoc Works
Giftsoc provides a website where family members (and other groups) can exchange gifts online privately.
Ways to Wish!
Quick AddAdd a wish to your Soc whenever you see this icon...
A super convenient feature which lets you share a product link by email or text. Just browse your favorite website store or shopping app. When you find something you like, look for share text or icons...
Continue to text/message/email to our dedicated wish number or email address. Your wish will magically appear in your Soc! Get started
Add a Wish to a Gift Exchange Soc
Lot's of ways. 4 to be exact!..
- While viewing a Gift Exchange, click the 'Add Wish' button, select option to add a new wish.
- While viewing a Gift Exchange, click the 'Add Wish' button, select option to include an existing wish from your main Soc.
- While viewing your Soc, click the update button, choose to include wishes in a gift exchange, and select the wishes you want to include.
- Click the edit icon on any wish, select desired gift exchanges at the bottom of the form.
Wish from Soc Shop
We have a unique set of shops which you can browse to get ideas. Click a product from our Soc Shop and add it directly to your Soc (or your dependent's Soc). Go shopping
What makes up a wish? Take a look at our wish features
What's in a Wish?
All the standard stuff...
- Name of your wish (required)
- Ranking: How bad do you want this wish? (1-just kinda, 5-really really want it! Defaults to 1 star.)
- Price (optional)
- Quantity (defaults to 1)
- Additional info (optional)
- Image (scroll to choose)
- Web address: After adding, click to pull info from that website right into the form.
- Who's Soc? Choose yourself or a dependent.
- Who will see it? Choose one or more gift exchange events, or choose none to keep it private.
PrivateOnly invited members of a gift exchange can join.
Can have several at the same timeSome examples...
- Holiday gift exchange with family members in your household.
- Holiday gift exchange with extended family (one for your family and one for your in-laws).
- Sharing Valentine wish lists with a spouse or partner.
- A private gift exchange Soc just for your eyes only.
One wish. Multiple gift exchanges.Share one wish to multiple gift exchange events. This is ideal if you want a particular wish to be flagged as unavailable to all members of all gift exchanges you've joined.
Wishes not seen by defaultWishes are kept private just to you until you choose to share them to a gift exchange.
A gift exchange is for family, friends, or colleagues to share wish lists with each other. Things to know about a Giftsoc gift exchange...
What is a Soc?
A Soc is a wish list.
What is a Gift Exchange Soc?
A Gift Exchange Soc is a Soc (wish list) filled with wishes shared only to a particular gift exchange event. Other members of that same gift exchange can see it and you can see theirs.
A Soc is a term coined to represent the traditional Holiday "sock" or Christmas stocking, and the "social" nature of getting together in a fun gift-giving environment.